Wednesday, May 13, 2020

VBHD Shaped the Way I Think About Healthcare


Harmanjot Kaur, MHA
Administrative Fellow, MGPO
PGY 1

01/29/2020

Harmanjot Kaur, MHA, MGPO Administrative
Fellow
As a young professional in the healthcare field, the value-based healthcare delivery course cautioned me early to not become stagnant in my day to day job but to continuously reassess how my work is impacting the lives of the patients and my colleagues. I
have started to think more about the costs associated with the delivery of care whereas I would’ve otherwise just accepted whatever was provided to be true. The discussions and exercises throughout the course really opened my eyes to how much potential the healthcare system has to drive down costs without compromising care.

It is important for every trainee to have an experience like the one I had because it shapes the way you conduct your job daily and allows you to be more open to change. It is important to reflect on what other organizations are doing as well and ask questions. Moreover, this course was a great opportunity to visualize the perspectives of not only the clinical individuals, but also financial and administrative ones. I highly recommend every professional joining the healthcare field to take part in this course and to never stop learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment