Friday, May 8, 2020

Invigorating New Career Aspirations




Sarah K. Abbett, MD, MPH
Perioperative Medicine Fellow, Perioperative and Pain Medicine Anesthesia, BWH
PGY5


01/20/2020

Sarah K. Abbett, MD, MPH


The Value Based Health Care (VBHC) Delivery seminar offered at Harvard Business School through the Partners Centers of Expertise was an amazing opportunity that has left me excited to move my career in a new direction. While I was generally familiar with the principles of VBHC through my previous work at the Brigham and Women’s Physicians Organization, the course taught me the critical steps that other organizations have taken to implement VBHC principles in practice. This experience during fellowship has pushed me to reflect on how I will leave my mark on American health care and what next steps I should take to start making an impact.

These types of courses that address larger systemic issues in American health care are critical for residents and fellows. BWH and MGH have a mission to create leaders, and these courses enable trainees to think big and start to map out careers that will leave a mark on our health care system.

No comments:

Post a Comment