Wednesday, May 13, 2020

They Don’t Teach This In Med School!


Dipan K. Danda, MD
Musculoskeletal Imaging & Intervention Fellow
Brigham and Women's Hospital
PGY 6

01/30/2020

Dipan K. Danda, MD
Throughout my education and training I've always been at the crossroads of change. The SAT and MCAT formats changed right before I took the exams. Medical education was undergoing an overhaul during my time in medical school. It's no surprise that just I'm about to graduate from my fellowship that we are on the precipice of change in healthcare. I took the value based healthcare course because I wanted to gain an understanding of what that change could resemble and to gain a sense of how radiologists, such as myself, fit into that new era of medicine.

I walked away from the course with actual concepts that I can apply to real life practice. I now feel better prepared to adapt to the changing landscap
e in healthcare. I would recommend this course to all medical trainees as physicians are expected to know these concepts but aren't taught such things at any point during your formal training. 

No comments:

Post a Comment