Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Mastery begins with humility as a learner and teacher


Bonnie Y Chien, MD
Harvard Combined Orthopedic Residency Program
PGY-5

02/05/2020

Bonnie Chien, MD
This course provides invaluable instruction on evidence-based practices for effective adult learning that I plan to integrate into my own teaching. For instance, I will ask my future learners to focus on the overarching, abstract concepts rather than just superficial, concrete details. Furthermore, I will pay close attention to how I can help set the tone for a learning orientation and improvement driven as opposed to performance and validation-based education environment.

I hope to be in academic orthopedics, and this session has motivated me to pursue more clinical and surgical skills teaching courses. Becoming an excellent surgeon encompasses learning the traits of a superb educator-every resident should strive to achieve that.

No comments:

Post a Comment