Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Learning to Teach



Cyrelle Fermin, MD
MGHfC Pediatric Resident
PGY 1

02/20/2020

Chalk talk in paper form. 
By taking this course, I was able to further explore my own interested in med ed, an interest that I did not quite appreciate or realize previously. This course allowed me to engage with other physicians interested in medical education. I also got to see how other trainees interested in medical education engage their own learners, whether it be through chalk talks, case discussions, etc. 

This course further bolstered my desire to stay in academic medicine as a way to engage with trainees and students. If I do not stay in academics, I would still be motivated to find ways to engage with learners (hosting trainees/students in outpatient rotations, etc). I think there are a lot of missed opportunities in clinical medicine today to teach and find joy in the process of teaching / learning. This course helped me identify concrete ways to engage with learners effectively. It also made me more mindful of optimal ways of doing so. I look forward to continue using these skills moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment