Friday, May 8, 2020

VBHD course was inspiring



Anita Rao, MD 
Resident, Internal Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital 
PGY-3

01/20/2020

The VBHD course was inspiring. I hope to use the information from this course in my career as a primary care doctor.

The course has engrained in me that value = outcomes/costs. In order to provide high value care, we need to focus on measuring meaningful patient reported outcomes and accurately recording costs (via the TDABC method). This means engaging the patient in our work, which few people currently do. In addition, I hope to do more process mapping in my career to identify how we can do processes more efficiently and enhance team-based care models. 

Not only did I learn about value based care delivery in this course, but I also learned about leadership. Behind each successful case was a strong leader. I learned that good leaders are visionaries, hard-working, and lead by example. They also understand the importance of value-based health care and find ways to incorporate this in practice.

Ultimately, I plan to use the principles from this course to provide high value care to patients, while also reducing burnout and increasing professional fulfillment among health care workers.

No comments:

Post a Comment