Monday, May 11, 2020

Looking at the big picture in healthcare with COE



Zeyad Tuffaha
Administrative (Deland) Fellow at Brigham and Women's Hospital 

01/27/2020

Best Deland Fellows cohort ever!
Attending the Value-based Healthcare course was a nice change of pace from work in hospital administration. Taking a step back to think about how the incentives are aligned in everything we do and the decisions we make, was an insightful and educational experience. When I was at business school, I read many cases by Porter and Kaplan, so it was an incredible opportunity to see them speak and dissect the cases.

As I go back to my projects, I am trying to apply the value-based healthcare thinking in everything I do. A few of my projects include rebuilding service lines across the hospital and improving care and access for all our patients. The incentives are still there to create the most revenue and volume, but this is an opportunity to replace that thinking and ask how we can improve the care offered to the patient and how to best measure and track their outcomes.

The VBH course by COE is an essential part of that push towards providing more value for patients. It provides a foundation to build upon in our careers and I plan to apply the principles we learned in every aspect of my current and future roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment