Thursday, May 14, 2020

VBHD course: a lot of reading, but totally worth it.

Ashby Clay Turner, MD
Fellow in Vascular Neurology at Partners
PGY 5

01/31/2020

Reading

Heading into the Value Based Healthcare Delivery course at HBS, I didn’t exactly know what to expect. The required reading list was extensive, but I quickly realized the importance of the readings required as I had very little understanding of healthcare cost, value, and quality. Further, by preparing in advance, the participation amongst the course participants in the discussion was enhanced. One of the most valuable components of the course was, in fact, this audience participation. The perspectives shared by the other participants, in addition to those from the world-class professors, made for a deeply enriching experience. From the course, I obtained a better understanding of methods to estimate cost of care delivery, outcome measurements, and reimbursement models. I plan to work with faculty in my division to implement some of the strategies I learned into our delivery of care.

No comments:

Post a Comment