Monday, May 11, 2020

Improving Value For Our Patients


Stephanie Kiser, MD, MPH
Palliative Care Fellow at MGH
PGY-5

01/24/2020 

As a palliative care fellow providing value-driven care that is patient-centered is one of my main go  After spending the three days immersed in the course I can now say I couldn’t have been more wrong.  The course radically changed my understanding of how we provide and pay for care, and how much room for improvement exists in our system.  I walked away with tangible ideas I can apply in my daily practice to change the value of the care I am delivering for patients and inspired to start a project to improve how our health system does this.  It also provided a way for me to interact with other trainees across our health system in a way that we don’t get in any other setting.  I think this is incredibly important and valuable and would recommend the course to every trainee!
als so when I heard about the course in value-based healthcare delivery I was both interested and also skeptical that I would gain a lot that would truly change my practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment