Monday, May 11, 2020

Implementing COE at the start of my career!

Gianni Bono, MD
Geriatric Medicine Fellow, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
PGY4

01/23/2020 

PACE (Program for all inclusive are of the elderly) - a great example
of value-based care and my next job!
I took the Harvard Business School Value Based Health Care Delivery Course in anticipation of my new job at a PACE institution (program for all inclusive care of the elderly). This course gave me the tools necessary to take my knowledge and apply it in the real world.
           
PACE programs use bundled payment models to keep its population of patients healthy and in the community so that they do not need to go to a skilled nursing facility. They use a multidisciplinary approach to patient care and prevent utilization of health care services that may be costly and inefficient.

I am truly honored to start my career off on the right foot and I hope to keep this value based mentality going in the medical community. The leaders of tomorrow truly need to take this course! 

No comments:

Post a Comment