Wednesday, May 20, 2020

VBHD Course – A Wonderful Experience!


Kathleen McFadden, MD
Resident in Internal Medicine at MGH
PGY 3

02/24/2020


Boston MA
I had the most wonderful experience taking the Value Based Healthcare Delivery Course at Harvard Business School. This course afforded me the opportunity to interact with peers across all specialties, learning about the relevance of specific financial techniques which can be applied to our clinical practice. This course compelled me to think about the relevance of business to medicine, the fact that physicians are often underinformed not only about the cost of care—but also the impact of this cost on the entire system and the patients who live within it. This course inspired me to consider further business training in my future career, but beyond this, it also will change the way I practice medicine on a day to day basis. As I continue to practice medicine in this beautiful city pictured above, I will be thinking more deeply about the cost of care and the ways we can make the system which drives so many of the careers in this city, more functional.

No comments:

Post a Comment