Monday, March 15, 2021

Great Day of Learning New Teaching Techniques!

Kayla Theresa Hartjes, M.D. 
Pediatric Gastroenterology Fellow
Massachusetts General Hospital 
PGY 5

11/12/2020

Kayla Theresa Hartjes, M.D. 

The COE clinical skill teaching course provided a great opportunity to expand my teaching skills specifically to adult learners. Not only did the course give practical information on how best to teach to adult learners but in turn it taught me how I can be a become a better adult learner. 

The most amazing part of the day was being able to present a case to colleagues and get real time feedback on how to improve. 

This teaching course is essential to me specifically as a fellow so that I can improve my skills in teaching residents and medical students. However this course is applicable to anyone at any stage in their career as those in the medical field must be an effective educator to the younger generation of physicians and patients alike. 


No comments:

Post a Comment