Monday, March 15, 2021

Excellence is rarely found, more valued!

Prazwala Chirravur, BDS, MS
Resident in Oral Medicine
Brigham and Women's Hospital/Harvard School of Dental Medicine
PGY 2

10/31/2020

Prazwala Chirravur, BDS, MS
“Change is the essence of life”. 

In the advent of recent pandemic and current unprecedented times, people are unaware and inquisitive about the new normal. This applies to clinical settings and providers. Though clinical and academic teaching is an integral part of residency, I was contemplating a change that can help me progress and develop my teaching skills. I consider the COE course to have been the right thing at the right time for me. The COE curriculum enhanced my creativity and provided me a platform for innovation. With the teaching stage having transformed more so since the pandemic, Zoom and Teams have emerged and have been dominating. We are always challenged with ideas for more interactive teaching, and our quest to relentlessly engage the learners and expand their horizon.

COE medical education course is an amazing course which fosters a positive teaching and learning environment, and I would strongly recommend making this a part of every specialty. The tools and segments furnished us with new strategies for teaching and reassured the process. While there are some great ideas and platforms to build bright opportunities for prospective students, I personally aspire to work for providing uninterrupted knowledge and experience with edification. The course encouraged me to stay connected with the current technology and methodologies and helped me apply to my dream classroom and clinical situations. I am confident that this experience would help me step into leadership roles in future, and I am looking forward to applying these foundations into my academic and clinical settings.


No comments:

Post a Comment