Friday, March 19, 2021

Benefits of Clinical Teach Skills Course

Ryan M. Militana, DO
Fellow in Obstetric Anesthesiology 
Massachusetts General Hospital 
PGY 5

11/11/2020

Ryan M. Militana, DO
The partners Center of Excellence Clinical Teaching Skills Course was an invaluable experience as a healthcare provider at my level of training. The transition from resident to fellow is an experience that combines both clinical and supervisor roles that can be a challenge to balance at times. This course has offered a window into the various types of learning and how to optimize teaching in a variety of settings to help my own learning as well as teaching residents. The course also provided an opportunity learn more about the structure and support systems that the partners organization offers its members. The course allowed me to witness the presentation and learning styles of my colleagues as well as interact with individuals from other areas of medicine outside of my day to day interactions. I found the course to be incredibly valuable and I trust I will be utilizing its teachings as a I move forward in my own career.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment