Friday, March 19, 2021

Changing How I Learn

Kristina Thurin, MD
Fellow in Behavioral Neurology & Neuropsychiatry 
Brigham and Women's Hospital 
PGY 6

11/11/2020 

Kristina Thurin, M.D. 
The Clinical Teaching Course gave me the opportunity to closely examine the factors that improve how I learn from others as well as how I teach. The presentations outlining the cognitive science of teaching and learning resonated with me given my interest in neuropsychiatry. The course made me realize that most of my education has been based in a model that is not necessarily in line with how we learn, retain, and recall information. I will definitely be modifying how I study and how I teach moving forward.

The strong focus on examining our experience of giving and getting feedback was also exceptionally valuable, especially hearing other trainees’ experiences. These sessions have motivated me to put more thought into both seeking and giving directed feedback while still in training and moving forward in my career.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment