Tuesday, April 6, 2021

The Teaching-Learning Toolkit

Mary D. Maher, MD
Fellow in Neuroradiology 
Massachusetts General Hospital 
PGY 7

03/11/2021

Boston Skyline
I appreciate the time invested in creating and sharing the Clinical Teaching Skills curriculum. The course was a healthy reminder of one of the three core missions of every teaching hospital: EDUCATION, clinical care and research. After so many years of education, it’s surprising to learn that there is still so much more to know about teaching and adult learning. As the sun is setting on my formal training, the course benefits me both as teacher and forever learner. Aware that the body of knowledge in my field is infinite and at every moment grows greater, I have questioned the attributes and knowledge that I can bring to learners as incomplete learner and an imperfect teacher. This course has provided both the tools and the encouragement to know that perfect isn’t required to be genuinely good and caring in both capacities. I am grateful for the tool sets of the teacher-learner to carry into the next phase of academia and of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment