Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Learning to Teach.

Diana Barragan-Bradford, MD
Fellow in Critical Care Anesthesia
Massachusetts General Hospital 
PGY 5

02/25/2021

I was thrilled to be selected to participate in the COE Clinical Teaching Skills (CTS) course since it provided a fantastic opportunity to understand the science behind adult learning and made me more mindful about the way I approach medical education.

 As a fellow, I primarily spend my time in the hospital teaching residents and students at the beside. This course challenged me to think about my own teaching style, and to reflect on the critical importance of feedback in the whole educational experience. I rarely get the opportunity to take a step back and identify concrete ways to engage with learners to make teaching more effective.

 It was great to see how other trainees from different disciplines engage their own learners. I look forward of using these new skills moving forward to better serve my residents!

___________________________________________________

The image attached belongs to the Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care at Massachusetts General Hospital. The people that appear in the picture (including myself) gave consent for publication.


No comments:

Post a Comment