Wednesday, December 4, 2019

COE clinical teaching skills course was phenomenal! Highly recommended!


Jose Mena, MD
Internal Medicine, NSMC - Salem Hospital 
PGY3


Going to the COE course in clinical teaching skills was an excellent decision.

I know that all what I learned will be very helpful for my future year as chief resident and later as a fellow. I will be able to teach, learn and give feedback in a better way. 
I have already started to give feedback to my co-residents with the tips I learned. This makes me feel more comfortable and capable while doing it.  
5 min teaching scenario -watching yourself teaching
is one of the best ways to improve your teaching



I have also noticed improvement (in my interns) after better feedback was given. 

In the future I hope to keep teaching more and more daily. I would love to be involved in medical education specially to med-students. This has always attracted me.

I highly recommend this course to every resident or fellow. I think that, even if you are not interested in teaching, it will give you “pearls” of how to be a better intern, resident or fellow. Everyone needs to teach someone at some point! You will also be able to clarify if you would like to be involved in this area in the future and is great opportunity for networking.

No comments:

Post a Comment