Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Clinical Teaching Skills Course – a chance to become a better teacher and join a Partners-wide community of educators


Gabrielle Kis Bromberg
MGH Internal Medicine
PGY3

The COE’s Clinical Teaching Skills Course was a wonderful experience. Not only were we afforded the opportunity to hear from education experts who have helped shape GME in their respective fields, but also we had the chance to meet and to work with other like-minded trainees from across the system. Learning the pedagogy behind why we teach the way we do alongside residents and fellows from diverse fields pushed me to incorporate strategies used in different specialties that I had not previously encountered and greatly enriched the experience. Amazingly since completing the course, I have run into many of my co-participants around the hospital and in the context of patient care. These encounters have led to a better work environment, further evidence of the importance of cross-specialty learning opportunities. I look forward to being able to apply many of the skills learned during this COE in the coming years in my work as a hospitalist.

MGH Women!

No comments:

Post a Comment