Wednesday, December 4, 2019

A great start on how to be a better teacher, a day in the Clinical Teaching Skills workshop by COE


Hassan Mashbari
Acute Care Surgery Fellow at MGH
PGY-7

It has always been a main concern to me regarding the best way to teach juniors and the appropriate method to provide feedback. I was very happy when I saw the announcement from the COE regarding Clinical Teaching Skills workshop. Was even happier when I was given the opportunity to participate. From the pre-course materials, the amazing interactive discussions, the great faculty to the great colleagues and new friends, it was just a fantastic workshop.

The art of feedback, R2C2 method
My future plan was to do a master’s degree in medical education, but this workshop broaden my prospective in many issues. Did not stop talking to my colleagues who did not attend about what I learned and what I’m going to still learn about. This was a major step for me, and I’ll make sure to implement what I learned in my day to day interaction with medical students, residents and colleagues.



No comments:

Post a Comment