Friday, July 9, 2021

Learning beyond the patient encounter

Giovanni Rodriguez, M.D. 
Resident in Emergency Medicine
Brigham and Women's Hospital/Massachusetts General Hospital
PGY 2

06/09/2021

Doors to the Emergency Room
The VBHD course taught me so much in such a short amount of time. As an intern and with no prior administration training, this course opened the doors to learning more about systems and approaches to creating models. This course has helped me to begin to chip at the iceberg of the health administration/policy world. Although I have no formal training in these systems, I have always been interested in creating access and equitable healthcare. 

This course reaffirmed my interest in learning more about models that are efficient, well rounded, and equitable. I am very interested to continue to learn and apply what I have learned thus far.  I think that more trainees should take this course because as physicians we are always focused on the art of medicine, but we also have the right and privilege to engage in the delivery in the care of our patients.


No comments:

Post a Comment